From: Debbie111 on
I handle moves of sites. There is one field that requires some fairly
extensive explanation of any issues that have occurred for history purposes.
I have discovered that excel will cut off at a certain amount of data. If
you click on the excel box you can see all the data. However, when it prints
and when you are not on the box you cannot read the remainder of the issues
and ifit was resolved. Is there any way I can tell excel to open up the
number of charaters it will handle per cell? I have tried to abreviate but
that has not even helped. I have even made the print smaller that doesn't
help either. Any help wold be greatly appreciated. Now what I do is waste
space by creating a second whole line with all the same info and then I just
add the extra data in the last column where the narrative is needed. This
however makes my excel sheet very long and confusion. Thanks.
From: Tom-S on
Hi. You don't say which version of Excel you're using so the info here is for
2003 but may be different for yours. If you look in the Excel Help pages
under 'Excel specifications and limits' you should find one part that is
something like this:

Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a
cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.

It sounds like you're just hitting the limits of the software unfortunately.

Regards,

Tom

From: Tom Hutchins on
You can display/print considerably more of the text if you press Alt-Enter
every couple of lines within your text.

Hope this helps,

Hutch