From: rwwhit on
I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a
message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted
items to go automatically to the deleted item folder?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"rwwhit" <rwwhit(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a
> message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted
> items to go automatically to the deleted item folder?

That's normal behavior for IMAP accounts. Outlook 2010 will work more like
you expect, but in truth, IMAP accounts don't have Deleted Items folders.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]