From: Shannon on
Here is a good place to help with your question as well.

http://www.ideanode.com/supportdocs/16/how-to-delete-imap-messages-in-outlook

To permanently remove your deleted emails, choose Edit | Purge Deleted
Messages.

Or to hide these deleted emails, choose View | Arrange By > Current View >
Hide Messages Marked For Deletion