From: RichardHouse on
I've seen a drop down list on an excel speardsheet that includes top10, all,
blanks, sort ascending and also adds to the list everything entered in the
column below.

I can create a basic dropdown with data > validation, but how do I include
these other features?

Thanks
From: Sweep on

RichardHouse;672332 Wrote:

I've seen a drop down list on an excel speardsheet that includes top10,
all,
> blanks, sort ascending and also adds to the list everything entered in
the
> column below.
>
> I can create a basic dropdown with data > validation, but how do I
include
> these other features?
>
> Thanks

That's done with filtering. Go to data > Filter > Autofilter

--
Sweep
Sweep's Profile: 1611

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/chat.php

From: trip_to_tokyo on
EXCEL 2007

Please take a look at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Item number 30 Pivot Top Ten.

To get the Top Ten:-

1. Click on the drop down arrow in cell F 16.

2. Value Filters / Top 10 . . . / Top 10 Filter (Vendor) window should now
launch / OK.

3. Unilever should now have disappeared from the list leaving just the Top
Ten.