From: dgk on
For a web app running on an intranet, how do I get the identity of the
current user? They have to be logged onto our domain so I should be
able to access their identity.
From: Family Tree Mike on
On 3/3/2010 3:08 PM, dgk wrote:
> For a web app running on an intranet, how do I get the identity of the
> current user? They have to be logged onto our domain so I should be
> able to access their identity.

HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.

--
Mike
From: dgk on
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:45:28 -0500, Family Tree Mike
<FamilyTreeMike(a)ThisOldHouse.com> wrote:

>On 3/3/2010 3:08 PM, dgk wrote:
>> For a web app running on an intranet, how do I get the identity of the
>> current user? They have to be logged onto our domain so I should be
>> able to access their identity.
>
>HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.

That works when run on my PC but not when published to the server.

In case it matters, I'm currently targeting this to DotNet 2.0 but
probably will end up installing 3.5 on the server soon.
From: Patrice on
Hi,

>>HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.
>
> That works when run on my PC but not when published to the server.

What if you check the IsAuthenticated property ? It's more likely that the
site is not configured properly...

--
Patrice