From: gagecres on
I'd like to grey out a button on my form if there are no records saved in the
database. Is there a way to do this?
From: ghetto_banjo on
to make a command button "greyed out", or disabled, you can do it in
VB like:

me.buttonname.enabled = False

If you want to check if a table has no records you could do:

if DCount("*", "myTable") = 0 then
me.buttonname.enabled = False
Else
me.buttonname.enabled = True
end if

From: gagecres on
In which object property do I insert this code?

From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 18:42:01 -0800, gagecres
<gagecres(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In which object property do I insert this code?
>
>"ghetto_banjo" wrote:
>
>> to make a command button "greyed out", or disabled, you can do it in
>> VB like:
>>
>> me.buttonname.enabled = False
>>

>> If you want to check if a table has no records you could do:
>>
>> if DCount("*", "myTable") = 0 then
>> me.buttonname.enabled = False
>> Else
>> me.buttonname.enabled = True
>> end if
>>

>> .

The form's Current event property (it should say [Event Procedure] and you
would enter this code, appropriately edited, by clicking the ... icon and
choosing Code Builder).

If an entry in some other control should disable the button, put the same code
in the AfterUpdate event of that control as well.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: gagecres on
Thanks to you both. This worked perfectly.

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 18:42:01 -0800, gagecres
> <gagecres(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >In which object property do I insert this code?
> >
> >"ghetto_banjo" wrote:
> >
> >> to make a command button "greyed out", or disabled, you can do it in
> >> VB like:
> >>
> >> me.buttonname.enabled = False
> >>

> >> If you want to check if a table has no records you could do:
> >>
> >> if DCount("*", "myTable") = 0 then
> >> me.buttonname.enabled = False
> >> Else
> >> me.buttonname.enabled = True
> >> end if
> >>

> >> .
> >>

> The form's Current event property (it should say [Event Procedure] and you
> would enter this code, appropriately edited, by clicking the ... icon and
> choosing Code Builder).
>
> If an entry in some other control should disable the button, put the same code
> in the AfterUpdate event of that control as well.
> --
>
> John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

Pages: 1