From: Dumbfounded on
When will PPT be adding the highlighter feature?

From: Shyam Pillai on
If you are using PPT 2007 or later then it is possible to get the highlight
even though it is not available in the UI. Highlight the text in Word and
then paste it into PowerPoint (keep source formatting). This will bring in
the highlights also. The caveat is that there is no way to get rid of the
highlight short of deleting the highlighted text.

Regards,
Shyam Pillai

Handout Wizard: http://skp.mvps.org/how

From: Mark on
On Apr 2, 3:56 pm, "Shyam Pillai" <ShyamPil...(a)Gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are using PPT 2007 or later then it is possible to get the highlight
> even though it is not available in the UI.  Highlight the text in Word and
> then paste it into PowerPoint (keep source formatting). This will bring in
> the highlights also. The caveat is that there is no way to get rid of the
> highlight short of deleting the highlighted text.
>
> Regards,
> Shyam Pillai
>
> Handout Wizard:http://skp.mvps.org/how
>
> "Dumbfounded" <Dumbfoun...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > When will PPT be adding the highlighter feature?
>
> > "Sandy" wrote:
>
> >> There is not a highlighter tool in PowerPoint like there
> >> is for Word. You can get around it a couple of different
> >> ways.  In 2002/2003 you can use the drawing tool to draw
> >> a rectangle around the text, no line, fill with yellow at
> >> 50%. It may appear dark on your computer screen, but
> >> looks like a nice highlight when you project it. Also in
> >> 2003/2003 you may right click on the screen when you're
> >> in Slide Show mode and use one of the pen options to
> >> highlight the text during the actual presentation.

That's a cool trick!

You can also use the format painter to apply the highlight (and font
format) to other text once you have it in PPT, or to remove it by
selecting text without the highlight.
From: Shyam Pillai on
Hi Mark,
Good stuff.

Regards,
Shyam Pillai

Image Importer Wizard: http://skp.mvps.org/iiw.htm

From: Mike on
Actually Rich it is quite proper to end a sentence with a preposition. It is
something of an enduring myth that one shouldn't. It goes back to the
teaching of Latin. So, while the text writers are quite fine with their
grammar, you could use a brush up!