From: Chris J. Chris on
The old Excel command Insert-Object does not exist anymore, instead only these
Insert {Tables | Illustrations | Charts | Links | Text }

I want to insert a general application file, I pretended it is a .Jpg file
by renaming it and attempting Insert - Illustration -From File, but of course
this was rejected.

I also tried using a macro, the essence of which was
Set myPict = .Parent.Pictures.Insert("C:\MyFile.Dat.Jpg")
but this had the same effect.

I finally tried good old drag-and-drop into a cell, but this simply opened
up the binary in a separate Excel window (apparently importing it as CR-LF
delimited rows into the spreadsheet), which means that the file is not
recoverable.

Any ideas?
From: Dianne on

Chris J.;704925 Wrote:

The old Excel command Insert-Object does not exist anymore, instead only
these
> Insert {Tables | Illustrations | Charts | Links | Text }
>
> I want to insert a general application file, I pretended it is a .Jpg
file
> by renaming it and attempting Insert - Illustration -From File, but of
course
> this was rejected.
>
> I also tried using a macro, the essence of which was
> Set myPict = .Parent.Pictures.Insert("C:\MyFile.Dat.Jpg")
> but this had the same effect.
>
> I finally tried good old drag-and-drop into a cell, but this simply
opened
> up the binary in a separate Excel window (apparently importing it as
CR-LF
> delimited rows into the spreadsheet), which means that the file is not
> recoverable.
>

> Any ideas?

Chris,

Object is located in the section of insert/text on the ribbon. If it
isn't, go to the office button, excel options, customize, select all
commands, scroll down to the insert object and add it to the second
column.

Dianne

--
Dianne