From: Sally J Sally on
In Word 2003 it opened and had the minimise icon in the top right. When a
file was opened it was inside the first box which gave another minimise icon
(Excel 2007 still haS the same system). With Word I need to keep the program
open but minimised - and not necessarily with any files open - for quick use
but when I close the last file the whole program closes. How can I set up my
machine so this does not keep happening. The only solution I have found so
far is to have a blank file open at all times, but I don't always remember to
do this.
From: Peter T. Daniels on
Close a file using Ctrl-W or the Office Button's Close command.