From: LVTravel on

"Dave" <Dave(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a computer Gateway computer that did not come with a Windows
> installation CD. It has a D: Partition with a Restore to install the
> computer back to the way it was when I purchased it. I came home today
> and
> found the computer had crashed it said to run check disk. The drive did
> come
> back up ok so far. As I write this on another computer I am running a
> backup
> up the computer. I was told there is a way to make a Windows installation
> CD
> from the computer so when I get a new hard drive I can format it and
> install
> Windows. My question is HOW DO I DO THIS? Thanks for any help in
> advance.

Dave, in the instructions that came with your Gateway it tells you how to
access the program to be able to create the system recovery disks. If the
hard drive crashes totally before you can get them made you will need to
contact Gateway to have them ship a set to you (at cost.)

From: undisclosed on

Hi There,

A good way is to find xp professional sp3.iso on a good torrent site,
it should be around 589mb. Try to get sp3 as it will save you about an
hour or so worth of downloading and installing.
When that has downloaded use something like nero to burn it cd, There
you have your windows xp professional installation CD.
look in you d partition to see if you have a drivers folder. send any
important date over to your d partition. IF you use wireless make sure
you have your wireless driver in your d partition. Boot from cd
probably press F12 at start up to get into your boot options (not the
same on all pcs). format your c partition. I assume you have a key to
use somewhere on your machine. After its installed open device manager
and install all your drivers activate windows ect....

Hope that helps a bit.

--
JAM_EZZ
From: Jose on
On Jun 13, 7:04 am, undisclosed wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> A good way is to find xp professional sp3.iso on a good  torrent site,
> it should be around 589mb. Try to get sp3 as it will save  you about an
> hour or so worth of downloading and installing.
> When  that has downloaded use something like nero to burn it cd, There
> you  have your windows xp professional installation CD.
> look in you d  partition to see if you have a drivers folder. send any
> important date  over to your d partition. IF you use wireless make sure
> you have your  wireless driver in your d partition. Boot from cd
> probably press F12 at  start up to get into your boot options (not the
> same on all pcs). format  your c partition. I assume you have a key to
> use somewhere on your  machine. After its installed open device manager
> and install all your  drivers activate windows ect....
>
> Hope that helps a bit.
>
> --
> JAM_EZZ

Where is this good torrent site where I can get an xp professional
sp3.iso?

From: undisclosed on

'isoHunt Lite the BitTorrent & P2P search engine'
(http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=windows+xp)

That should sort you out :)

As with anything you down load, be careful what you chose make sure its
got some comments that say its working properly and look for ones with
lots of seeders.

--
JAM_EZZ
From: Daave on
Jose wrote:
> On Jun 13, 7:04 am, undisclosed wrote:
>> Hi There,
>>
>> A good way is to find xp professional sp3.iso on a good torrent site,
>> it should be around 589mb. Try to get sp3 as it will save you about
>> an hour or so worth of downloading and installing.
>> When that has downloaded use something like nero to burn it cd, There
>> you have your windows xp professional installation CD.
>> look in you d partition to see if you have a drivers folder. send any
>> important date over to your d partition. IF you use wireless make
>> sure you have your wireless driver in your d partition. Boot from cd
>> probably press F12 at start up to get into your boot options (not the
>> same on all pcs). format your c partition. I assume you have a key to
>> use somewhere on your machine. After its installed open device
>> manager and install all your drivers activate windows ect....
>>
>> Hope that helps a bit.
>>
>> --
>> JAM_EZZ
>
> Where is this good torrent site where I can get an xp professional
> sp3.iso?

Heh.

Actually, I am sure that *somewhere* out there in the vast expanse of
the Internet, one can find an .iso of a clean, legit, original
installation CD of XP Pro at the SP3 level. It would have to be a
generic OEM version, of course because the only Retail versions that
exist are ones that have been slipstreamed (legit, original Retail
versions are only as recent as SP2).

That being said, I would never recommend that anyone obtain it this way;
there is far too great a risk to contract malware this way! (Then again,
Jose, since you like to live on the edge, this might be right up your
alley!)

FWIW, I made an .iso of my generic OEM XP Home (at SP3) installation CD
(not XP Pro) a while back (Label: GRTMHOEM_EN) for my own use. I never
uploaded this, but I'll bet others have. The hash values for it are:

MD5: db34a933ad23114be2e6a4553b61eb77
SHA1: 93683dbbb16b23d8be6c409b96c76cd903347259

So if someone has a legit installation CD that is damaged with the legit
accompanying Product Key, burning a CD from the proper, safe .iso would
actually work. A program like Hash Calc could verify the hash values.

That being said, how would anyone know that I am not trolling and trying
to get people to search for and download malware-ridden software? *I*
know I'm not, but how would others know this 100%? Oh, what a tangled
web... (no pun intended!)

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: xp pro restart setup