From: undisclosed on

Daave;1783728 Wrote:
> Jose wrote:
> > On Jun 13, 7:04 am, undisclosed wrote:
> >> Hi There,
> >>
> >> A good way is to find xp professional sp3.iso on a good torrent
> site,
> >> it should be around 589mb. Try to get sp3 as it will save you about
> >> an hour or so worth of downloading and installing.
> >> When that has downloaded use something like nero to burn it cd,
> There
> >> you have your windows xp professional installation CD.
> >> look in you d partition to see if you have a drivers folder. send
> any
> >> important date over to your d partition. IF you use wireless make
> >> sure you have your wireless driver in your d partition. Boot from cd
> >> probably press F12 at start up to get into your boot options (not
> the
> >> same on all pcs). format your c partition. I assume you have a key
> >> use somewhere on your machine. After its installed open device
> >> manager and install all your drivers activate windows ect....
> >>
> >> Hope that helps a bit.
> >>
> >> --
> >> JAM_EZZ
> >
> > Where is this good torrent site where I can get an xp professional
> > sp3.iso?
>
> Heh.
>
> Actually, I am sure that *somewhere* out there in the vast expanse of
> the Internet, one can find an .iso of a clean, legit, original
> installation CD of XP Pro at the SP3 level. It would have to be a
> generic OEM version, of course because the only Retail versions that
> exist are ones that have been slipstreamed (legit, original Retail
> versions are only as recent as SP2).
>
> That being said, I would never recommend that anyone obtain it this
> way;
> there is far too great a risk to contract malware this way! (Then
> again,
> Jose, since you like to live on the edge, this might be right up your
> alley!)
>
> FWIW, I made an .iso of my generic OEM XP Home (at SP3) installation CD
> (not XP Pro) a while back (Label: GRTMHOEM_EN) for my own use. I never
> uploaded this, but I'll bet others have. The hash values for it are:
>
> MD5: db34a933ad23114be2e6a4553b61eb77
> SHA1: 93683dbbb16b23d8be6c409b96c76cd903347259
>
> So if someone has a legit installation CD that is damaged with the
> legit
> accompanying Product Key, burning a CD from the proper, safe .iso would
> actually work. A program like Hash Calc could verify the hash values.
>
> That being said, how would anyone know that I am not trolling and
> trying
> to get people to search for and download malware-ridden software? *I*
> know I'm not, but how would others know this 100%? Oh, what a tangled
> web... (no pun intended!)

I know exactly what you mean, i did hesitate to answer the question
about where to good one from. I have a good clean copy and its 589mb
anything bigger has got extra that it shouldn't have and doesn't need.
I'm sure your advice is honest and your not trying mess up our
computers or obtain out bank details.
I have seen a lot of viruses from people trying to download things
like, program/windows activators antivirus/spyware programs and cracks
for things like office/photoshop.
Just be warrey of where your downloading from and the size of the file.
Like i say if something has got lots of comments and they say its
working for them its PROBABLY ok. If something has only got 2 comments i
stay clear unless its a user you know on a regular site.

--
JAM_EZZ
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
<gag> Now pull the other one...

From: undisclosed on

'PA Bear [MS MVP Wrote:
> ;1783776']<gag> Now pull the other one...
>
> undisclosed wrote:
> > A good way is to find xp professional sp3.iso on a good torrent
> site,

Do you not like downloading from a torrent site?

--
JAM_EZZ
From: LVTravel on

"undisclosed" wrote in message

> Hi There,
>
> A good way is to find xp professional sp3.iso on a good torrent site,
> it should be around 589mb. Try to get sp3 as it will save you about an
> hour or so worth of downloading and installing.
> When that has downloaded use something like nero to burn it cd, There
> you have your windows xp professional installation CD.
> look in you d partition to see if you have a drivers folder. send any
> important date over to your d partition. IF you use wireless make sure
> you have your wireless driver in your d partition. Boot from cd
> probably press F12 at start up to get into your boot options (not the
> same on all pcs). format your c partition. I assume you have a key to
> use somewhere on your machine. After its installed open device manager
> and install all your drivers activate windows ect....
>
> Hope that helps a bit.
>

> --
> JAM_EZZ

Yes, Torrent. A download site that has a lot of interesting things... like
virus, Trojans and other nice malware. It is illegal to download any
version of XP, Vista or Win 7 from any site other than Microsoft's
recommended seller which is through Digital River. Any other use of a
download is just fraught with issues.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
+1

LVTravel wrote:
>> A good way is to find xp professional sp3.iso on a good torrent site,
>> it should be around 589mb. Try to get sp3 as it will save you about an
>> hour or so worth of downloading and installing.
>> When that has downloaded use something like nero to burn it cd, There
>> you have your windows xp professional installation CD.
>> look in you d partition to see if you have a drivers folder. send any
>> important date over to your d partition. IF you use wireless make sure
>> you have your wireless driver in your d partition. Boot from cd
>> probably press F12 at start up to get into your boot options (not the
>> same on all pcs). format your c partition. I assume you have a key to
>> use somewhere on your machine. After its installed open device manager
>> and install all your drivers activate windows ect....
>>
> Yes, Torrent. A download site that has a lot of interesting things...
> like
> virus, Trojans and other nice malware. It is illegal to download any
> version of XP, Vista or Win 7 from any site other than Microsoft's
> recommended seller which is through Digital River. Any other use of a
> download is just fraught with issues.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: xp pro restart setup