From: thaisdoro on
I made a movie in Director 11 and it doesn't open in director 10. It show's a
message like "file is too new". I tried to find in Director 11 an option for
saving in older versions of director but I didn't find anything. How's that
possible?

From: Mike Blaustein on
It isn't possible to directly convert a D11 file to a D10 file. The
file format is not backwards compatible and there is no way within
Director to save it as an older version. There is a guy named Valentin
who made a XML exporter for the Director format, so using his scripts
you can save the D11 version to XML, then reconvert that XML into D10.
It is only a beta thing, and there is no official support for it, but
you can try it for free and see if it works for you.

http://staff.dasdeck.de/valentin/lingo/dml/