From: Randy on
I have an excel workseet with the following type of data:
white-jungle.XL
white-jungle.XXL
jungle-smoke.S
berny blue-smoke.S
berny blue-smoke.M
I need to parse the 'sizes'(everything after the period) and put it another
column.
Any help would be appreciated.
From: Dave Peterson on
You could use Data|Text to columns
Delimited by a .
If there are no other dots in the cell.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Don Guillett on
data>text to columns>delimited>other>.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

From: FSt1 on
hi
you could use 2 formula to seperate the data into seperate cells.
first part before the period.
=LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1)
second part after the period.
=MID(A1,FIND(".",A1)+1,999)

each formula would go in a seperate cell from the data.
copy both formulas down as far as needed/
then copy the two fromula and paste special values.
this will turn the fromulas in to hard data. you can then delete the
original data.

Regards
FSt1

"Randy" wrote:

> I have an excel workseet with the following type of data:
> white-jungle.XL
> white-jungle.XXL
> jungle-smoke.S
> berny blue-smoke.S
> berny blue-smoke.M
> I need to parse the 'sizes'(everything after the period) and put it another
> column.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Pages: 1
Prev: Outlook Calendars