From: jldube on
I've posted this elsewhere in this discussion group, but have not received
any replies, so I thought I'd try to post my question here as well. I just
started using Access 2007. In the previous version (03), I was able to
prevent other users from changing/deleting/adding data. I can't seem to find
out how I can do this in Access 2007. Please advise. Thank you !
--
jeannine
From: Larry Daugherty on
First, your application's configuration should be a FrontEnd linked to
tables in the BackEnd.

When your application is ready for your users, compile the FrontEnd
into the "DE" form you are using: "MDE" or "ACCDE". Your users
should each have a copy of the compiled "DE" on their system. That is
the configuration you should always use so that you aren't called to
fix things that others have either innocently or maliciously broken.

Protecting your data from unauthorized or foreign editing can be more
of an issue but there are fixes for each situation - some free, some
expensive.

HTH

--
-Larry-

From: jldube on
Actually, I found what I was looking for late yesterday afternoon-by
accident, I might add-by going to the property sheet, and selecting no for
"allow edits", et al. But thank you anyway !
--
jeannine

"Larry Daugherty" wrote:

> First, your application's configuration should be a FrontEnd linked to
> tables in the BackEnd.
>
> When your application is ready for your users, compile the FrontEnd
> into the "DE" form you are using: "MDE" or "ACCDE". Your users
> should each have a copy of the compiled "DE" on their system. That is
> the configuration you should always use so that you aren't called to
> fix things that others have either innocently or maliciously broken.
>
> Protecting your data from unauthorized or foreign editing can be more
> of an issue but there are fixes for each situation - some free, some
> expensive.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> -Larry-
> --
>
> "jldube" <jldube(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've posted this elsewhere in this discussion group, but have not
> received
> > any replies, so I thought I'd try to post my question here as well.
> I just
> > started using Access 2007. In the previous version (03), I was able
> > prevent other users from changing/deleting/adding data. I can't seem
> to find
> > out how I can do this in Access 2007. Please advise. Thank you !
> > --
> > jeannine
>

> .

Pages: 1