From: Parag on
I have a bunch of columns e.g. Day1-A, Day1-B,... Day2-A, Day2-B, etc.
and want to write a query to for example, return all Day2 columns
only.

How do I do this please?
From: Salad on
Parag wrote:
> I have a bunch of columns e.g. Day1-A, Day1-B,... Day2-A, Day2-B, etc.
> and want to write a query to for example, return all Day2 columns
> only.
>
> How do I do this please?

I created a table called Table1 with 4 fields; ID, First, Last, Addr. I
then ran this code and it displayed ID1, FirstName, LastName, Address.

Sub QueryHeads()
Dim strQuery As String
Dim rst As Recordset
Dim fld As Field
Dim intFor As Integer

strQuery = "Select ID As ID1, First As FirstName," & _
"Last As LastName, Addr As Address From Table1"

Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(strQuery, dbOpenSnapshot)
For intFor = 0 To rst.Fields.Count - 1
Debug.Print rst(intFor).Name & " "

Next

rst.Close
Set rst = Nothing

End Sub

That might not be what you want. Check out this link
http://bytes.com/topic/access/answers/870485-update-tables-caption

And this as well
http://www.fmsinc.com/tpapers/access/Reports/monthly/index.html
From: Rich P on
The easiest way to query your columns is to design your table according
to the Relational model. This model is the RDBMS standard and states
that detail data consisting of the same data type - should be contained
in the same column.

This means that if the data in your column Day1-A and Day1-B, ... are of
the same type (like all numbers or all text) you should contain the data
in each of your columns in one column - call it Days. Lets say your
data is all numeric, then you would add another column that would
specify which days belong to A, B, C, ...

DayLetter Days
A 1
A 2
A 3
B 1
B 2
B 3
C 1
C 2

Now you can write a query like this:

Select Days from tbl1 Where DayLetter = 'B'.

This is the relational model.

Rich