From: jefska on
I've downloaded the driver for the HP34970A for LV 8.0 but do not see any VI that has an output that indicates what channels are being scanned when inputting a channel list.  I?m taking temperature measurements using the EZ Temperature VI.  For example, my channel list is "101:110, 115, 116".  When I perform a scan on the channels I would like to know for sure these are the channels that got scanned.  How do I output all of the channels that were scanned and is there VI that does this and I'm just not seeing it in the HP34970A palette?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

From: Mark E on
Hi jefska,

There?s a tradeoff with
using the EZ functions: they?re easy to start using, but lack advanced
features. It appears that in the Advanced Scan Example, Readings is an array. It
should contain the information for the channels as well as the readings.

Another option is that
in the EZ Temperature VI (as well as others) there is an HP34970A List to Array
VI that appears to only be outputting the double numeric, but it also has a
string output with no display. That should give you the scan list.

Hopefully that gets you
started in the right direction.
From: jefska on
Thanks for the replies.
I was able to solve the issue by using the SCPI command ROUT:SCAN? which does a query on the scan list.  This helped me determine what channels were currently in the scan list so I could echo them to my UI.
jefska