From: trpnfly on
I had two documents open and somehow, one document was saved to both file
names. Now I have two documents with the same data and I am missing all the
data from one of the documents. It's like I hit "file" "save as" and saved
one document under another documents name. I did not do that but what has
happened is the same result. I do not have either file backed up to disk. I
only had them on the hard drive. I am using Office XP and my documents are in
Excel.

I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you.
From: Paul on

I doubt even file restore software or hiring a data recovery service
could assist you at this point. If you deleted the file, maybe, but
once you, or the computer, saved the file and over-wrote the old data
you're almost certainly out of luck without a backup copy.

;
6
8
9
7
4
4

:

I do not have either file backed up to disk.

--
Paul

- Paul
Paul's Profile: 1697
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=192747

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: ozgrid.com on
Sounds to me you created a New Window of the Workbook?

--
Regards
Dave Hawley