From: pv6901 on
I would like to reference a cell to obtain a worksheet name rather than have
the worksheet name in the formula. So rather than have Sheet1! in the formula
I would like to have a cell that contains the text "Sheet1"
From: Fred Smith on
Check out the Indirect function.

Regards,
Fred

From: Dave Peterson on
If A1 contains the text: Sheet1
and you wanted to retrieve the value from Z99 in Sheet1, you could use this
formula:

=indirect("'" & a1 & "'!z99")

If you need to retrieve data from worksheet in a different workbook, be aware
that that "sending" workbook has to be open for =indirect() to work the way you
want.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Mike H on
Hi,

There'sno guarantee it makes you formula simpler but lets say we have

Sheet1!

in Cell A1, this formula returns A1 of sheet 1

=INDIRECT(A1&"A1")
--
Mike

question.