From: Golf on
How do I search for the second (or third and so on) largest value in the
array either in column or row?
From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
=LARGE(A:A,2)
=LARGE(A:A,3)

=LARGE(1:1,2)
=LARGE(1:1,3)
--
David Biddulph

From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
Assume that you would like to get the result from A column Data.

Column:-
This will get the Largest number from A Column
=LARGE(A:A,1)
Similar to
=MAX(A:A)

But when you would like to get the second largest number then change the 1
to 2 in the above large formula like the below
=LARGE(A:A,2)

Assume that you would like to get the result from 1st Row Data.
Row:-
=LARGE(1:1,1)
=LARGE(1:1,2)

Column:-
This will get the Smallest number from A Column
=SMALL(A:A,1)
Similar to
=MIN(A:A)

But when you would like to get the second Smallest number then change the 1
to 2 in the above Small formula like the below
=SMALL(A:A,2)

Assume that you would like to get the result from 1st Row Data.
Row:-
=SMALL(1:1,1)
=SMALL(1:1,2)

(Ms-Exl-Learner)