From: DDPARTIN1 on
I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve as a
reminder with out having to repeat the process every week. Is there a way to
perform this action?
From: TechnicLee on

DDPARTIN1;707494 Wrote:

I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve
as a
> reminder with out having to repeat the process every week. Is there a
way to
> perform this action?

Outlook does not have a built-in means of doing this. There are two
possible solutions.

1. Write a script that sends the message using VBScript. Schedule it
to run using Windows' built-in task scheduler. Outlook does not have to
be left running for the script to run. If you are using Outlook 2003 or
earlier, then there are security issues you'll have to deal with.

2. Write a script that sends the message using VBA. Create a second
script that is triggered by an Outlook task reminder. This script calls
the script that sends the message. Outlook will have to be left running
for this to work. As with the first option, if you are using Outlook
2003 or earlier, then there are security issues you'll have to deal with
for this to work.

--
TechnicLee
TechnicLee's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1791

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: VanguardLH on
DDPARTIN1 wrote:

> I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve as a
> reminder with out having to repeat the process every week. Is there a way to
> perform this action?

Outlook has no inate ability to repeatedly send the same e-mail. Outlook is
extensible by adding VBA macro or installing add-ons; for example:

http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Schedule-Recurring-Email.asp
From: Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook] on

You can adapt this VBA example:
http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&lang=en&smp=10&cmd=showitem

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"DDPARTIN1" <DDPARTIN1(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve as a
> reminder with out having to repeat the process every week. Is there a way
> perform this action?

See this in addition to the other suggestions:
http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/recurringmail.asp
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]