From: Sarahk710 on
I have to spell out page numbers in my document (i.e., Page One, Page Two).
Is it possible to have the pages automatically numbered in my header/footer
using this format?
From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
This works best if you insert the page number directly in the header or
footer, not using the Insert | Page Numbers command (if your version has
it). Type "Page" before the inserted page number, then press Alt+F9 to
display the { PAGE } field code. Edit it to read { PAGE \*CardText \*
FirstCap }, then Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 (if necessary) to update
the field.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

From: Stefan Blom on
But, of course, when you add a format switch to the PAGE field, the formatting
will not be reflected in a table of contents or cross-reference.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
Nor would you want it to be in this instance, surely.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

From: Stefan Blom on
I think you are right, but we don't know for certain.