From: isagold on
Hi thanks in advance,
Every time I open up a pdf through email etc, Excel opens it up in excel.
How do I stop this from happening?
All the PDF's show in the email with an excel icon document image?

Many thanks Isagold
From: Stan Brown on
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:14:01 -0700 from isagold
<isagold(a)discussions.microsoft.com>:

> Hi thanks in advance,
> Every time I open up a pdf through email etc, Excel opens it up in excel.
> How do I stop this from happening?
> All the PDF's show in the email with an excel icon document image?

Your file associations are screwed up.

You can fix it through Tools >> Folder options >> File Types in
Windows Explorer, but it's probably easier just to install the latest
version of Acrobat. If you're like most folks you're due for an
update anyway.

And do a *thorough* virus scan of your computer, with current
definitions. I can't say for sure that you're infected, but changing
file associations seems like the sort of thing a virus would do.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
From: Mike H on
Hi,

I doubt that this is an Excel issue it's to do with file associations in
Windows. Go to any PDF on your computer and right click it and click 'Open
With'. Adobe reader should appear in the list so select it and then check

'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file' OK

--
Mike

question.