From: Evert on
I sure hope you all can help me with this. You have always guide me in the
right direction in the past.
I would like to have the following fields to be conditionally formatted
based on the value of another field.
As an example:
tblDrawing has 1 field (Drawing #) with Text as the data type
tblDimensions has 10+ fields with number as the data type and its data is
input in a subform.
What I would like to do is
1. Somehow tie specific dimension to the drawing number so that when the
drawing number is selected, min and max dimensions are set.
2. To have the field in the table dimesions to be populated by the
technician and if the value exceeds the Drawing# parameters min or max
dimensions, the field background turns red.

I have done this on another field using conditional Formatting, however the
values for that field are set and do not change as they would with each
Drawing .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Pull a recordset which returns the [Drawing #] (in brackets as the # is a
delimiter) and compare the max field with the number and the min field with
that number. Throw up a message box if you exceed maximum or are less than
minimum for that Drawing.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com