From: AJOLSON on
I would like have access import a file, then export a query based on that
file. However I would like that to happen automatically, based on a
recurring date and time. Say Every Monday Morning at 8:am.
I have the code to do it via a command button but I would like to automate
it. Thanks

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Either use the Windows Task Scheduler (this is preferred) to open a database
front-end and accomplish the action, or leave a database open with the Timer
event set to run if it's Monday 8:AM.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: ericsmith1172 via AccessMonster.com on
I use the Windows Task Scheduler to run a macro in access at a certain point
during the day/week. Although, my question related to this is how do I get
MS Access to automatically name the file based on a date or time.

Ex: I am exporting a numerical summary into excel automatically named "SumAVP.
XLS" If I forget to pull the file or rename it, the next time the macro runs
it will overwrite the original.

I would like to see something like SumAVP(Date)(Time).XLS
(SumAVP0512201091235.XLS)

How can this be done?