From: CedarHillMatt on
I'm trying to use Excel 2002 to convert feet to kilometers. When I try to use
the CONVERT worksheet function, "#NAME?" is returned. It does the same thing
no matter what units of measure I try to convert. I copied and pasted the
syntax directly from the Office Help section. Any ideas?
From: FSt1 on
hi
do you have the analysis tool back installed and does your formula look
somthing like this.....
=CONVERT(A2,"m","ft") where A2 is the number to convert.

the above converts meters to feet and works perfectly on my pc.

regards
FSt1

From: macropod on
Hi CedarHillMatt,

The correct construction of this function for a value in A1 is:
=CONVERT(A1,"ft","km")
Of course, you could do it the old-fashioned way:
=A1*0.0003048

--
Cheers
macropod

From: FSt1 on
hi
that should be analysis tool PACK not back.
sorry.
my prepost proof reader is off today.

Regards
FSt1