From: Thomas Gagne on
Galen Boyer wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I would test this theory. In your OP, you said you were sending
> multiple select statements. I'd prove out that you are actually saving
> anything when you send multiple statements at once. Each statement
> would be returning a resultset. Where is the savings on the way out?

I've already done that and the savings are dramatic.

Listen, if Oracle can't do it that's OK. I'll figure out how best to do
it with what Oracle does provide and move on to the next problem.
From: John Hurley on
On Mar 21, 7:31 am, Thomas Gagne <TandGandGA...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> I've already done that and the savings are dramatic.
>
> Listen, if Oracle can't do it that's OK.  I'll figure out how best to do
> it with what Oracle does provide and move on to the next problem.

From the questions you are asking it really sounds to me as if you
need to spend a bunch of time learning Oracle and how to do things
effectively and efficiently.

The learning curve is fairly steep and you want to throw out anything
that you think you already know about how to do it in other systems
first.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: 10.2.0.5 Patchset