From: Jim Cassilly on
For simplicity sake, say I have built one Table (not normalized), one Query
to pull off the fields I want on my Report, and the Report. How do I then
execute the Query and produce the run-time Report? Do I execute the Query
and then the Report???? Or is there a simpler way (by executing just the
Report)????
This is a very basic question, but I am stumped!

Thank you. (Using Access 2007)

Jim Cassilly

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Bind the query to the report. That is, using the query as a recordsource for
the report.

Open the report in design view and choose the query from the property sheet
as the recordsource. Then choose each field in the recordsource as the
controlsource of each control in the report. Now, when you open the report,
the query will fill it with data.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: Gina Whipp on
Jim,

You can't *run* the query to *run* the report without opening Access and
double clicking or simulating that event. You could open your database via
Windows Scheduler and when it does a form would open that would run your
report... but then do you want it to save your report somewhere? That is
going to require some code...

Also, not sure what is the "..runtime report..." unless you mean the .SNP
report... or maybe you want to create a .PDF?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:06:30 -0400, "Jim Cassilly" <jcass(a)tampabay.rr.com>
wrote:

>For simplicity sake, say I have built one Table (not normalized), one Query
>to pull off the fields I want on my Report, and the Report. How do I then
>execute the Query and produce the run-time Report? Do I execute the Query
>and then the Report???? Or is there a simpler way (by executing just the
>Report)????
>This is a very basic question, but I am stumped!
>
>Thank you. (Using Access 2007)
>
>Jim Cassilly

If the report's Recordsource is the query....

Just open the Report.

You don't need to separately run the query, or even look at it.

I presume that the query has some sort of criteria - how are you specifying
which records should appear on the report?

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]