From: Tony Johansson on
Hi!

Here is some text from the Microsoft Press exam (70-536)
Reliability : Use application domain to isolate task that might cause a
process to terminate.

The best example of application domain in use is IIS 5.0's ASP.NET worker
process implemented by Aspnet_wp.exe. If 10 people visit an ASP.NET web site
simultaneously, ASP.NET will create a separate application domain for each
user. Assentially, ASP.NET runs 10 separate instances of the assembly.

Now to my question: In this example here you have one process(Aspnet_wp.exe)
that is like an umbrella for all the 10 Application Domain. So I mean if you
have some aspx code that has some severe error could that cause the
Aspnet_wp.exe to stop causing all the other Application Domain to stop
working.

So in this scenarion would it be more reliable to have a separate process
for each Application Domain like it has been before the advent of .NET

//Tony