From: Bob I on
Word isn't a "text editor", it is a word processing application, if you
need interoperability with other programs expecting "plain text" use a
"plain text" editor like NotePad (which is on all Windows installations)

From: Bob I on
r-click the file in Explorer or on the desktop and select "Sent to" from
the dropdown menu