From: Gaiseric Vandal on
Pdbedit should have some import /export commands. I don't remember if you
want to change the smb.conf entry for backend before or after you do the
import. I actually had the tdb backend for samba but already had the "unix"
users in ldap. I was trying to update the accounts with the samba
passwords, SIDs and other "windows" specific stuff.

None-the-less, it didn't import properly for me. About 1/2 users did not
get a password imported.

Smbpasswd (smbpasswd -w?) should also let you dump out info into a text
file. You could write a script to run thru each line, split the fields up
and the use the ldap commands to create/modify the users accounts. Perl
works pretty well for this with the "split" command.