From: Peter Olcott on
Are there any reliability issues or other caveats with using
named pipes?

From: Ian Collins on
On 04/ 9/10 04:58 AM, Peter Olcott wrote:
> Are there any reliability issues or other caveats with using
> named pipes?

In what context?

[c.p.t. removed again]

--
Ian Collins
From: Peter Olcott on

"Ian Collins" <ian-news(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On 04/ 9/10 04:58 AM, Peter Olcott wrote:
>> Are there any reliability issues or other caveats with
>> using
>> named pipes?
>
> In what context?
>
> [c.p.t. removed again]
>
> --
> Ian Collins

One respondent in another group said that named pipes are
inherently very unreliable and I think that he switched to
some sort of sockets. In any case he did not choose named
pipes for his IPC because of significant reliability issues
that he encountered.

From: Chris Friesen on
On 04/08/2010 10:58 AM, Peter Olcott wrote:
> Are there any reliability issues or other caveats with using
> named pipes?

They work exactly as described.

Chris
From: Peter Olcott on

"Chris Friesen" <cbf123(a)mail.usask.ca> wrote in message
> On 04/08/2010 10:58 AM, Peter Olcott wrote:
>> Are there any reliability issues or other caveats with
>> using
>> named pipes?
>
> They work exactly as described.
>
> Chris

The other respondent must have been referring to MS Windows
named pipes then, thanks.