From: sisimma on
Hi,
I'm new to wm & UPnP,
I've modified COM DLL for UPnP dev and an application for WM 6.0 based on the
sample code which is run on XP.
http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Details.aspx?SampleGuid=fdec7d3c-4797-4fa9-ad7b-ef7991c97449

but UPnP device COM DLL which I made cannot be registered on WM.
I already install Optional server package such as "upnphost.ARM.cab" and
"upnpctrl.ARM.cab"
could any one help me how to do for registering COM DLL for UPnP device DLL?
when I modified UPnP COM dll, I set "Register COM interop" DLL project
property in VS 2005.
I tried to register My device dll using regsvrce on resco explorer 2007.
it also has error returned saying that
"device library" was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not
found
DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of device library
may be in memory,..."

so when I run my app.(exe), it also gets error like below.
"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException was unhandled
Message="The specified service does not exist. "
ErrorCode=-2147023653
StackTrace:
at UPnPHostLib.IUPnPRegistrar.RegisterDevice()
"
please help me !!!!!!!!
first of all, I'd like to know how to make COM DLL using C# on WM
then the answer for my question would be more helpful.
thank you in advance

From: Christopher Fairbairn on
Hi,

"sisimma" <u40416(a)uwe> wrote in message news:7dbc29112a6cf(a)uwe...
> I'd like to know how to make COM DLL using C# on WM

I am afraid to say that this type of interop support isn't available within
the .NET Compact Framework.

It is not possible to create a COM server within a managed language that can
be instantiated and utilised by an unmanaged executable.

This limitation comes from the fact that the .NET Compact Framework doesn't
support a true hosting API.

It is however possible to instantiate COM objects from your .NET Compact
Framework application and pass references to managed objects marked with the
various COM attribtues within the same process as COM interop is supported
in this scenario.

Hope this helps,
Christopher Fairbairn

From: sisimma via PocketPCJunkies.com on
Hi, Christopher.
thank you for your response.
I've found an article titled "Using COM Interop in .NET Compact Framework 2.
0" at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa446497.aspx
Consequently, my understanding is that app. in C# can use COM written in
native code using COM interop in .Net CF 2.0, but COM server in C# cannot be
made on windows mobile device.
Is that right?
I was going to make COM server in C# on CF 2.0 for windows mobile 6.0.
do you mean by that, it is impossible?

Yoon.

From: sisimma via PocketPCJunkies.com on
Hi, is there anyone who can answer my question...?

have a goodday.