From: Javier Càceres on
Hi m

I reviewed that method but It does not perform any SMBus/ISA access.

Thanks,

From: Pavel A. on
In Windows before Vista/win2008, there is so called thermal zone concept.
A thermal zone contains number of temperature sensors and fans (defined in
ACPI BIOS),
and there is a system supplied driver to handle this.
Access to underlying interfaces (smbus, i/o ports or whatever) is wrapped in
another
layer of drivers - "ACPI operation region" handlers.
Unfortunately, the thermal zone and ACPI operation region documentation is
phased
out from the MSDN; some traces still remaining in WinXP embedded
documentation.

It is not clear how the new stuff [
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd573949.aspx ]
replaces the above.

The almico.com SpeedFan software seems to access the smbus directly
(see http://www.almico.com/forumbuses.php ).

Sorry that this doesn't help you much, hope someone with the knowledge would
help you further.

--pa