From: sal on
Greets All

I was wondering if any one can point me to a tutorial or an example file on
how to create external Threads on pipes.

I'm trying to design a very cheap Hoffman Appartus anyone can build using
clear pvc pipe and rubber stoppers. I've created a draft image of what I
want the parts to look like. An example Image can be found here.
http://www.onewithall.net/temp/hoffman_app2.jpg
http://www.onewithall.net/temp/hoffman_app.jpg

Tia sal

PS
A Hoffman Apparatus is for doing electrolysis testing (splitting water)
From: SoCalMike on
In the online help files in Solidworks, search for Helix and Spiral.
In the resluts you will see a topic named Helix and Spiral. That will
give you an overview of the helix command, and from there im sure you
can create your threads using a helix and sweep combination.

From: Cliff on
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:53:08 GMT, sal <sal(a)spp.net> wrote:

>I was wondering if any one can point me to a tutorial or an example file on
>how to create external Threads on pipes.
>
>I'm trying to design a very cheap Hoffman Appartus anyone can build using
>clear pvc pipe and rubber stoppers.

Why would you want to thread PVC pipe?
Would such even be safe?
--