From: TMC on
Hey All,

Is there a way to detect / trap for an event / have a callback when a user
changes their display language setting or locale settings in general?

Thanks

From: Helmut Meukel on
"TMC" <getmyemails(a)yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hey All,
>
> Is there a way to detect / trap for an event / have a callback when a user
> changes their display language setting or locale settings in general?
>
> Thanks

Have a look at GetUserDefaultLCID. You'll find lots of stuff about
locale settings if you search for GetUserDefaultLCID.

Helmut.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
TMC wrote:
> Is there a way to detect / trap for an event / have a callback when a user
> changes their display language setting or locale settings in general?

You'll be able to get a WM_SETTINGCHANGE with lParam pointing at the
string "intl", I believe. See http://vb.mvps.org/samples/SysInfo/ for
an example.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: MikeD on

"TMC" <getmyemails(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hey All,
>
> Is there a way to detect / trap for an event / have a callback when a user
> changes their display language setting or locale settings in general?

If you don't want to get into subclassing to handle the message yourself, I
*think* the SysInfo control provides an event for this. Can't swear to it
because I've never used that control. <g>

--
Mike

From: TMC on
Thanks guys. I will have a look.