From: Martin on
Is anyone here accessing a MySQL database from a VB6 program?

I'm doing this and all is working well with one exception. When I try
to retreive a recordset via an SQL statement that includes either a
DECODE() or an AES_DECRYPT() function, the value being returned is
trashed. If I use the same SQL statement in the MySQL Query Browser,
the value is returned correctly.

By some stroke of luck, has anyone here encountered and resolved this
issue who would be able to give me some clue as to how to get past it?

FWIW, I have requested help in a MySQL newsgroup but have not received
any advice that's led to a resolution of the problem.

Thanks.
From: Norm on

"Martin" <ironwoodcanyon(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone here accessing a MySQL database from a VB6 program?
>
> I'm doing this and all is working well with one exception. When I try
> to retreive a recordset via an SQL statement that includes either a
> DECODE() or an AES_DECRYPT() function, the value being returned is
> trashed. If I use the same SQL statement in the MySQL Query Browser,
> the value is returned correctly.
>
> By some stroke of luck, has anyone here encountered and resolved this
> issue who would be able to give me some clue as to how to get past it?
>
> FWIW, I have requested help in a MySQL newsgroup but have not received
> any advice that's led to a resolution of the problem.
>
> Thanks.

Martin,

Have a look here.

http://www.thecommon.net/3.html

This should help you.

Norm

From: MikeD on

"Martin" <ironwoodcanyon(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone here accessing a MySQL database from a VB6 program?
>
> I'm doing this and all is working well with one exception. When I try
> to retreive a recordset via an SQL statement that includes either a
> DECODE() or an AES_DECRYPT() function, the value being returned is
> trashed. If I use the same SQL statement in the MySQL Query Browser,
> the value is returned correctly.
>
> By some stroke of luck, has anyone here encountered and resolved this
> issue who would be able to give me some clue as to how to get past it?
>
> FWIW, I have requested help in a MySQL newsgroup but have not received
> any advice that's led to a resolution of the problem.

Probably help if you post relevant code.