From: mscir on
alienself wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am new to VB, but have recently found scripting interesting.
> <snip>....How does one pass the function the string you wish
> to encrypt,
> and the short key to encrypt it with (and it will return the encrypted
> version)? ....<snip>

I believe you can run a VB program from a batch file and pass it
arguments using the Command$ variable as this page describes, including
demo source code:

http://www.devx.com/getHelpOn/10MinuteSolution/20366

Command line arguments are passed into Visual Basic by way of the
Command$ variable. This variable is a very long string with all the
arguments written exactly as the user entered them. When running an
application, you would add them to the shortcut or the Run line...

Also here are more encryption code samples you might find useful:

http://www.example-code.com/vb/encryption.asp

Mike

From: alienself on
I wish I could contribute or reciprocate in some little way in return
for your quick
consideration and action but as a new to this type of coding (unless
you count
6502 ML or Basic 2.0 with Skyles Compiler haha) but anyway thank you
all,

and mayayana, thanks, it works and I may ask you something
about it later, right now I have two
wisdom teeth that will be coming out, so I am a bit incoherent and
unfocused.

I have found some killer Java at

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/encrypter/

All the best,