From: K on
Hi all, I got macro in which I can Lock VBProject with SendKeys. But
problem with SendKeys that they not work on every User's Computer and
Users can see all the hard work which I put to create my macros. I
tried to search for the sultion but I came across with the comments
that its not available because of the security issues. Well i want to
say that i don't want to Unlock or Cract the VBProject. I just want
to Lock it Programmatically. If there is no sultion then its my
message to Microsoft that they should at least put this function also
that you can secure your Macros or VBProjects with programming so if
any one who works very hard to create VB codes, someone else could not
copy his work without his permission.
From: Bob Phillips on
Can't be done, SendKeys or nothing is your choice.

--

HTH

Bob

From: Peter T on
FWIW it is possible to programmatically control all the various dialogs
involved in the lock/unlock process with APIs. Unlike SendKeys it's not
necessary for the various dialogs involved to be 'active' to receive
messages and/or return messages (eg state of a ticked checkbox).

Quite a lot of code is involved and only worth it if need to say batch
process the lock and/or unlock of multiple workbook projects.

As Mike mentioned, for a single file why not do it manually.

Regards,
Peter T

From: JLGWhiz on
The real solution is to learn a programming language that will compile into
..exe files. Then it is a little more difficult for hackers to see your
code. But VBA was not designed to have that characteristic. It was
designed as an aid to users of Microsoft Office applications to facilitate
the manipulation of data in repetitive tasks. The programming capabilities
are just a fallout.