From: Piotr on
Hello everyone!

It is possible to import data into excel from the web. It is also possible update this data IN THE SAME CELLS. In other words, the values that once occupied the cells are replaced with new values. That is a problem for me. I would like updated information to be pasted in rows above the old data.

Is this possible? If so, how?

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.programming/
From: Matthew Herbert on
Piotr,

Yes, it is possible to import data into Excel from the web. Web queries are
designed to do this and if a web query can't do what you need, then there are
ways to automate Internet Explorer (i.e. IE Automation).

You can record a macro in order to see some of the syntax of a web query,
look at the recorded code, and then use the help files to learn more about
the various properties of the web query that you record. If you want
something more than a web query, do a search for IE Automation (or some
derivation thereof) to see other code for interacting with the web.

Best,

Matthew Herbert