From: Ed on
I have 2 tables, TBL - Claims & TBL - Transactions. This is a one to many
relationship, 1 Claim has many transactions associated with it. The issue
arises in the fact that I receive the data feed of the transactions, and need
to populate certain fields into the Claims table. The Claims table contains
a unique primary key, Claim Number. This number is a field on the data for
the transaction. What I am thinking I need to do is a find Duplicate query
to return just each unique claim number and then append to claims table.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Ed
From: Bob Barrows on
Ed wrote:
> I have 2 tables, TBL - Claims & TBL - Transactions. This is a one to
> many relationship, 1 Claim has many transactions associated with it.
> The issue arises in the fact that I receive the data feed of the
> transactions, and need to populate certain fields into the Claims
> table.

Why? The data already exists in the Transactions, doesn't it? Why does
it need to be in two places?

> The Claims table contains a unique primary key, Claim Number.
> This number is a field on the data for the transaction. What I am
> thinking I need to do is a find Duplicate query to return just each
> unique claim number and then append to claims table.

There are several questions about updating a field in one table using a
field in another table just this week. For example, there was a message
posted at 3PM yesterday with the subject "Update the values in a table
from another table". Why don't you take a look at it. :-)

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows