From: Chaplain Doug on
My Exchange Server is set to not relay except for authenticated users. I am
having a problem with a phantom person relaying through my server and believe
that he has stolen or guessed a username and password. I am making some
changes to prevent this, but want to test. How does one send an email to a
server along with credentials (username and password) for the server? Thanks
for the help.
--
Dr. Doug Pruiett
Good News Jail & Prison Ministry
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 13:54:01 -0700, Chaplain Doug
<ChaplainDoug(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My Exchange Server is set to not relay except for authenticated users. I am
>having a problem with a phantom person relaying through my server and believe
>that he has stolen or guessed a username and password. I am making some
>changes to prevent this, but want to test. How does one send an email to a
>server along with credentials (username and password) for the server? Thanks
>for the help.

Use a POP/IMAP client and configure the SMTP portion of it to
authenticate with your server. Outlook Express (or Windows Live Mail)
will work just fine.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP