From: Raul on
I have in exchange my mailbox and access - read/write - to another account
which we use for people to send general question to NJPIES and anyone can
read/reply to it.

Question:
What rights do I deal with so that people can read/reply BUT not delete the
message?

When I reply, the reply - Sent- always goes out from my account. I will
like to reply and the SENT - be sent from that account so that any other
user can look at the history. sort of like news groups. Any ideas?

thanks,
Raul Rego
NJPIES

From: M on
Hello:

Which version of Exchange and Outlook? I'll use 2003 for both as reference.

1. Ceate a mail-enabled security group for the users who need access.
2. Open the shared mailbox in Outlook and on the INBOX folder,
right-click --> Properties --> Permission tabs --> Give users "Reviewer"
permission.
3. In ADUC go to the security tab of the mailbox and give the users "Send
As" permission.

All replies will show the shared mailbox as the sender, but the actual
e-mail will show up in the Sent Items folder of whomever sent it--that's
just the way Outlook works.

--
Regards,
MCTS, MCSA

From: Raul on
thanks,

I dont see "Security" under the user in ADUC. Please help!

Another question. The new email alarm how can I have it popup when email
for the secondary email account comes in?

Thanks,
Raul

From: Damian on
On 06/04/2010 19:42, Raul wrote:
> thanks,
>
> I dont see "Security" under the user in ADUC. Please help!
>
> Another question. The new email alarm how can I have it popup when email
> for the secondary email account comes in?
>
> Thanks,
> Raul
>
> "M"<m(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Hello:
>>
>> Which version of Exchange and Outlook? I'll use 2003 for both as
>> reference.
>>
>> 1. Ceate a mail-enabled security group for the users who need access.
>> 2. Open the shared mailbox in Outlook and on the INBOX folder,
>> right-click --> Properties --> Permission tabs --> Give users "Reviewer"
>> permission.
>> 3. In ADUC go to the security tab of the mailbox and give the users "Send
>> As" permission.
>>
>> All replies will show the shared mailbox as the sender, but the actual
>> e-mail will show up in the Sent Items folder of whomever sent it--that's
>> just the way Outlook works.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> MCTS, MCSA
>> http://SysAdmin-E.com
>>
>> "Raul"<jjkgr(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I have in exchange my mailbox and access - read/write - to another account
>>> which we use for people to send general question to NJPIES and anyone can
>>> read/reply to it.
>>>
>>> Question:
>>> What rights do I deal with so that people can read/reply BUT not delete
>>> the message?
>>>
>>> When I reply, the reply - Sent- always goes out from my account. I will
>>> like to reply and the SENT - be sent from that account so that any other
>>> user can look at the history. sort of like news groups. Any ideas?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Raul Rego
>>> NJPIES

you need to enable the advance view in ADUC to see the security tab.