From: Ken on
I am kinda stuck here...
below is my matlab code:

figure
hold on
ax1 = gca;
hl1 = line(x,y,'Color','b');

set(ax1,'XColor','b','YColor','b');

ax2 = axes('Position',get(ax1,'Position'),...
'XAxisLocation','top',...
'YAxisLocation','right',...
'Color','none',...
'XColor','k','YColor','k');

hl2 = line(x,z,'Color','k','Parent', ax2);
hold off

figure
hold on;
[ax, h1, h2] = plotyy(x,y, x,z);
hold off;

but when I like to shoe a couple points on both graphs with '*', I can't get it working? any suggestions?

From: Ken on
This is kinda urgent!!!! I appreciate if anyone can help me with it immediately... Many thanks and appreciated!!!

-ken

From: Walter Roberson on
Ken wrote:
> This is kinda urgent!!!! I appreciate if anyone can help me with it
> immediately... Many thanks and appreciated!!!
>
> -ken
>
> "Ken " <kk61(a)cornell.edu> wrote in message
> <hobk91$180$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
>> I am kinda stuck here...
>> below is my matlab code:
>>
>> figure
>> hold on
>> ax1 = gca;
>> hl1 = line(x,y,'Color','b');
>>
>> set(ax1,'XColor','b','YColor','b');
>>
>> ax2 = axes('Position',get(ax1,'Position'),...
>> 'XAxisLocation','top',...
>> 'YAxisLocation','right',...
>> 'Color','none',...
>> 'XColor','k','YColor','k');
>>
>> hl2 = line(x,z,'Color','k','Parent', ax2);
>> hold off
>> figure
>> hold on;
>> [ax, h1, h2] = plotyy(x,y, x,z);
>> hold off;
>> but when I like to shoe a couple points on both graphs with '*', I
>> can't get it working? any suggestions?

Ambiguous wording. You have four graphs, so speaking about adding points
to "both graphs" leaves us confused about what you are doing.

Usually you do not use "hold on" until after you have done the first
graph, because the first graph establishes the xlim and ylim properties;
when you "hold on" before doing the graph, xlim and ylim get frozen at
the default values, with the result that not everything might be shown,
or the aspect ratio might not be what you want.

In general, to add points, I would suggest you use
scatter(ax1, pointx, pointy, '*')
scatter(ax(1), pointx, pointy, '*')

From: Ken on
Hi Walter,

Thanks. This doesn't work as scatter do generate another plot with the points.
I want to generate them on the same plot. It has to be on one of the two plots, either on plotyy or line graph... don't have to be on both. I put them both since I didn't get any of them working...

Let me know if you got a solution for it asap...

Thanks again,

kind regards,

-ken

From: Ken on
This is kinda bothering me a lot, i appreciate if someone can help me as soon as possible... thanks,

Pages: 1 2
Prev: mvncdf
Next: How to debug a cell?