From: Duncan Kennedy on
In message
<81087b6d-21df-4692-bc4d-6f75739a59ff(a)v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com>,
samurai71 <samurai96(a)gmail.com> writes
>I am hoping that someone can help with with adding either the
>registered trademark or trademark symbols to a graphic in Fireworks
>8? Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated

I have to admit I don't have Fireworks 8 to try and I can't find the
answer in MX I know it's no help but in CS3:

Place the text cursor insertion point where you want the character then,
in the Menu Bar, select Window >Others >Special Characters

Now for the work-around.

If you are using XP, All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
Character Map.

You can select a font and you may find different fonts offer a different
range. Find your symbol and select to copy. In Fireworks place your
text cursor where you want it and Paste - you may have to search for
your symbol as there are a lot on offer.

In Vista, in the Start Search box just type Character Map and Return

Now somebody will tell me I missed the obvious.

(Of course you could draw your character separately, save it for future
use, and insert it into your work when you need it - but that wouldn't
be a font character).

--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay