From: Cameron_C on
Hello Everyone.
Merry Christmas!
I am a little bit confused at the moment.
I have a Tab Control nested inside a Tab Control inside a Dialog.
The Dialog is inside a FormView.
Now, if I want to allow Vertical scrolling inside the nested Tab Controls,
do I need to implement vertical scrolling for each of the Tab Controls, as
well as the Dialog?
Can Tab Controls be scrolled vertically?
I have a larger displpay I use when developping, but I use my X60S laptop as
well.
The windows display fine on my larger screen but they are truncated on the
laptop.
Ergo, I need to have vertical scrolling. Or I need to redeign the Tabs for
the Tab Controls.
What I am tring to do right now is, maximize the CTabCntrl withing its
allocated space on the Dialog. And then Maximize the nested CTabCtrls within
that CTabCtrl.
I have read through the MS KB Article relating to implementing Vertical
Scrolling.
That is very straight forward.
I think the issue is that after I created the nested CTabCtrls, they are
larger than their parent CTabCtrls, and I probably need to resize the parents
to accommodate the largest of the nested CTabCtrls.
This seems like a fairly trivvial issue, I can just send a message to the
parent indicating that a resize is required.

So, my question is really do I need to implement scrolling for the Dialog,
the CTabCtrl children, the CtabCtrl Grandchildren, etc. And then just size
everyone as per the largest of the CTabCtrl Dialogs? Or am I making this way
more complex than is necessary?

Thanks,

........Cameron

From: Cameron_C on
I found out I just needed to add the Vertical Scrolling functionality to the
parent dialog, and poof everything seems to work.
Somehow I was expecting more effort....