From: Eric on
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to automatically make a connection?
once IE8 is starting up. I am using ADSL model for connection
under XP with SP3 and IE8
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric
From: LD55ZRA on
Sure. You need to configure your IE8 by going to:

Tools, Internet Options. Now click on Connections tab
Now select "Dial whenever a network connection is not present." This is
just a radio button you need to click on.

This will launch your dialer and make the necessary connections. If you
are on broadband then you need to select "Never Dial a Connection".

hth

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
You are better of using a Cable/DSL Router and keeping your connection alive
and safe through hardware.
See here, http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).