From: Kid on
Hi

Is there some cool way to cause VGA driver bluescreen ?

I need a common API method which can test any chip vendor's driver.

Thank you .
From: Dee Earley on
On 23/09/2010 06:31, Kid wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there some cool way to cause VGA driver bluescreen ?
>
> I need a common API method which can test any chip vendor's driver.

It would be a bit stupid if there was a common way to BSOD every driver...

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: Tim Roberts on
Kid <Kid(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there some cool way to cause VGA driver bluescreen ?
>
>I need a common API method which can test any chip vendor's driver.

What do you think you would be testing?

If you want to test the way the system handles blue screens, it's trivially
easy to write your own driver that calls KeBugCheckEx. However, that
process involves removing the original graphics driver and bringing up the
fallback VGA driver, so the chip's driver is not involved.
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.