From: Cindy Parker on
Ok, I know. In a batch file I can change environment variables temporarily (=for the
current, remaining session) be entering e.g.

set CLASSPATH=D:\newpath;%CLASSPATH%

However these changes are not visible outside of the current session and furthermore they
are lost after a reboot.

Is there a(nother) way to change them PERMANENTLY from batch script?

I can imagine that there is a way by a regedit or VisualBasic script or 3rd party cmdline tool.

Again: I don't want to edit them manually e.g. in the "System" dialog in control panel.
The change should take place on cmdline from a script

Cindy

Pages: 1
Prev: pinkish screen
Next: XP / VISTA restore??