From: Simon on
Dear reader,

I have a SubForm in a Report.

Now I need to change the caption of a field in a SubForm.

The question is now how to reach the filed in the SubForm.

Events of the SubForm are not active by opening the Report (does not work)
and referring to the field in the report with:

Report!ReportName!FormName.FieldName.Caption = "xxxxxx"

Is also not working.

Is there any suggestion how to fix this, changing the caption of a field in
the SubForm within a Report.

Kind regards,

Simon

From: Allen Browne on
You could programmatically set the Caption of the Label in the Format event
of the section in the subform (subreport?) that contains the label.

Alternatively, you could open the subform in design view, right-click the
Label control, and choose Change To | Text Box. Now you can set the Control
Source of this text box to an expression so it shows what you want.

For example, if you want it to look at whether the text box Text0 on Form1
is null or not, you would use an expression like this:
=IIf([Forms].[Form1].[Text0] Is Null, "Anything", "Something")

From: Simon on
Thanks Allen for your help it works.