From: saintor1 on
Now that ACC2010 has been around for a few months, there should be
quite a number of public web apps (at least demo) generated from it.
I am not talking about videos how to do it (I watched a few ones), but
live web pages. Can we have here the URLs of some of them? txs

From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 06:05:40 -0800 (PST), "saintor1(a)hotmail.com"
<saintor1(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

Remember that A2010 has support for deploying applications to
SharePoint 2010, which is a beta product. There is no support for
deploying to the web in general. The finer points of the interaction
between Access and SharePoint are still being worked out, as can be
expected for beta products. SharePoint licenses for web-facing sites
(as opposed to intranet sites) are very expensive (> 40K). So you
won't see that many yet, if ever.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Bob Alston on
SharePoint licenses for web-facing sites
> (as opposed to intranet sites) are very expensive (> 40K). So you
> won't see that many yet, if ever.
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP

I would expect that the same folks who offer Sharepoint 2007 hosting
will offer Sharepoint 2010 hosting once it becomes generally available.

also Microsoft has indicated that they will offer some kind of
Sharepoint hosting.

Bob
From: saintor1 on
On Feb 6, 9:05 am, "saint...(a)hotmail.com" <saint...(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Now that ACC2010 has been around for a few months, there should be
> quite a number of public web apps (at least demo) generated from it.
> I am not talking about videos how to do it (I watched a few ones), but
> live web pages.  Can we have here the URLs of some of them?  txs

I don't see Sharepoint as a necessity .... the data engine could be
something else. I am quite surprised that there is nothing as a demo.